Re: Freeze plug for MG TC

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Freeze plug for MG TC
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:51:52 -0700
At 11:37 AM 9/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>It is a good idea to put in an overflow reservoir in older cars. When
>the system heats up the cap will bleed off excess coolant if the
>radiator is over-filled when cold. When it cools air is sucked in. The
>air can contribute to the corrosion process, even with added inhibitors.
>
>The closed systems suck the overflow back in so the system is always
>full. Minimum air. For those of us who like originality the overflow
>tank can be made removable for shows.

I may have missed something here but I don't think this will work on a T
series with a non-pressurised cooling system.  If it can be made to work
easily I'd love to hear more.

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT