Re: Roll bars, yea or nay

To: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Re: Roll bars, yea or nay
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 15:20:59 -0400
joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com wrote:

> The previous owner of my car installed a roll bar.  Personally I hate it.
>What
> purpose does it serve other than destroying the lines of the car?  Is it
> possible to roll an MGB?  I assume a roll bar-ectomy would just involve
>removing
> the bolts.  But how do I then plug the holes?  Thanks
>
> Joseph
> 67 Roadster

Well, the PO probably installed it for one of two reasons:  1)racing
(it's often a requirement).  2)he thought it just looked cool.

You can roll just about any car if you try hard enough, and, under
normal driving conditions, you'd have to try to roll a B:  they seem to
want to oversteer rather than understeer to the point of risking a roll.
;)

As far as filling the holes is concerned, I'd ask elsewhere, as I try to
stay away from body work as much as possible: it scares me <g>.