Re: Roll bars, yea or nay

To: mgs@autox.team.net, joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Re: Roll bars, yea or nay
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:26:10 -0700

> The previous owner of my car installed a roll bar.  Personally I hate it.
>What
> purpose does it serve other than destroying the lines of the car?

No purpose whatsoever!

> Is it
> possible to roll an MGB?

No, It is NOT possible to get the bottomside of an MGB to point away from the
center
of the earth. This requires a violation of the laws of physics.

> I assume a roll bar-ectomy would just involve removing
> the bolts.  But how do I then plug the holes?  Thanks

Silly putty works well.

> Joseph
> 67 Roadster

Of course the SCCA may disagree with some of the above statements. Silly putty
is
too much of a fire hazard.

:-)

ken