Re: SU question

To: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Subject: Re: SU question
From: John J Peloquin <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 15:24:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Cram, Geoff wrote:
Paraphrasing the Haynes SU carb book,

SU stands for Skinner's Union. Apparently when a carburretor design was
needed by the British Auto industry, most of the seals and gaskets were
leather. Hence, when something needed a seal or gasket, your local leather
guy (merchant, not someone's lifestyle etc.) was the fellow to ask. The
Brit Auto makers went to the Skinner's Union to get their carbs designed.

So there

John Peloquin