Installed overdrive tranny

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installed overdrive tranny
From: "craig wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 21:01:26 -0700
Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to pulling
the overdrive tranny out of a 1972 GT last weekend, and proceeded to pull
the engine on my '74B and replace the 4-speed with the overdrive. I added a
new clutch while I was at it too. By Saturday, I had everything put back
together. With some intrepidation, I started the B up, put her in gear, and
drove off. Down the road, up to speed, I pulled on the column lever (where
the switch resides) and, voila, I was in 5th gear!
The only problem I've noted is a speedometer that has ceased to work. I
checked the fittings at both ends. They are tight and in place properly.
The cable is new. I can only guess that the overdrive tranny has a worn
drive pinion. Has anyone out there any experience with this type of
problem? I'd be grateful for any info. Thanx.

Craig Wiper
early '74B
static '72BGT
craigw@sonic.net