Re: Damn Cats!

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Damn Cats!
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 16 OCT 96 15:58
  I almost ended up with a cat fur steering wheel cover after the
neighbor's cat climbed in the open window and peed in the passenger
footwell.  The only thing that saved her is that I had the new carpet
kit all ready to install.  There was still some smell after the new
carpet, but it's mostly faded away.
  Cats spray to mark their territory, same as dogs.  Once one has sprayed,
others object to it by spraying their own scent.  It's a vicious circle.
The answer is to thoroughly clean any areas that have been sprayed,
preferably with ammonia or bleach (Diluted!).  And maybe some commercial
repellant, although they usually smell worse than the cat urine.  One
solution that works well with dogs is to sprinkle powdered cayenne pepper
where they have sprayed.  You have to take into account that any
children that may come into contact with anything you do will be at risk.
  To keep cats off: buy some cheap, slippery plastic sheeting for painting.
Put two of them on the car.  When the cats jump up, they will slide.
They hate that.  Plus, it'll keep the pee off the car.
  Last resort: Put mouse or rat tanglefoot traps on the car.  They're
really sticky sheets.  They will stick to the cats' feet.  They REALLY
hate that!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*