Re: MGA Oil Starvation -- EUREKA (I think)

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA Oil Starvation -- EUREKA (I think)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 07:35:43 -0700
At 03:23 AM 10/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have just completed a close inspection of the MGA 1500 oil pickup and pump,
>have also done some measuring, testing and calculating.  So here it is:
>

>The fix (I am sure) is to cut 1/8" off of the bottom end of the pickup tube,
>providing an entry area around the end a bit greater than the cross section
>of the tube.  The good news is that the crankshaft wasn't damaged this time
>around, cleaned and polished up nicely, will get a new set of standard size
>rod bearings and will be back in service in a few days.  Next race date is a
>week from Saturday, but you know I'll give it hell before then.  TIME WILL
>TELL!
>
>Thank you all for the help.  Drainback suggestions score low.  Pickup
>congestion suggestions get the cigar.

  Barney,

I await with bated breath the next installment!
                    ^^^^^^ (attention Mr. Deutcsh, you only have to tell me
once.....most times.)
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT