Victoria British Warning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Victoria British Warning
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 19:02:58, -0500
   Victoria British wasn't very nice about me returning lug nuts once,
 (they didn't match), but I didn't care and kept ordering from them.
It was convienient to have the prices righ in the catalog.  I ordered
a new hood (as well as grille and bumper) to repair damage that
occurred whent he car was beign towed off the Mass Pike.  The bodyman
saw the hood and instantly called me...  It was just awful.  I saw it
today.  Two 18" dents are in the middle.  The little "nose" on the
front is longer on one side and has a FILLER BUBBLE!  This is a NEW
hood, with FILLER in it?  There are many scratches showing through
the paint.  It looks like it was sanded with 30 grit sand paper and
then primed black.  It is just RIDICULOUS.
   All this is well and good, just send it back, right?  Well, no.
Victoria British claims it was Yellow Frieght that did the damage.
Yellow Freight?  I didn't know they did body filler.  Luckily, we
charged it!  So, we just reversed the charges and mailed it back
anyway, even though the didn't want it.  Now we are "negotiating"
with Yellow Freight to get out money back from them.  $96 to ship a
$150 part.  That's just plain stupid.  And they dented it.

                  John