Re: Victoria British Warning

To: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Subject: Re: Victoria British Warning
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:00:55 -0400
At 07:02 PM 10/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>   Victoria British wasn't very nice about me returning lug nuts once,
> (they didn't match), but I didn't care and kept ordering from them.
>It was convienient to have the prices righ in the catalog.  I ordered
>a new hood (as well as grille and bumper) to repair damage that
>occurred whent he car was beign towed off the Mass Pike.  The bodyman
>saw the hood and instantly called me...  It was just awful.  I saw it
>today.  Two 18" dents are in the middle.  The little "nose" on the
>front is longer on one side and has a FILLER BUBBLE!  This is a NEW
>hood, with FILLER in it?  There are many scratches showing through
>the paint.  It looks like it was sanded with 30 grit sand paper and
>then primed black.  It is just RIDICULOUS.
>
>                  John

I'm sorry, John, for your problem.  I know that's frustrating. I was told
that the old metal presses that made MGA parts, for example,were not as good
as the ones today and after the parts were made they were "skimmed" with
body filler to smooth them out.  'Sounds like someone re-did your "skimming"
very poorly.

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
donmathis@lucent.com