Re: 1997 Calendar

To: Jerry Causey <reecau@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: 1997 Calendar
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 20:59:57 -0800
Jerry Causey wrote:

> This year I decided to shop for my car-theme calendar for next year
> while there was still a reasonable selection rather than wait til January
> rolls around, as in the past. I'm not finding much of a selection in
> downtown Seattle. My choice seems to be Corvettes, Porsches, or
> "Dream Cars" (look like nightmares to me). I thought about
> down-loading images from the 'Net to do one myself, but after trial
> printing one MG-TD on my DeskJet I determined it would probably take
> me until January to finish it, cost US$100 or so in color cartridges
> and glossy paper, and the quality wouldn't be worth the effort.
>
> Does anyone know of a mail order house publishing an MG-theme or Brit
> Car-theme 1997 calendar? I'm looking for the wall hanging kind which has
> approximately 12" x 12" pages with a car photo on the top page and a
> monthly calendar page on the bottom, with each day in a little box
> (or some variation) where one may write in appointments and such.
>
> Regards,
> Jerry Causey
> 1967 MGB GT

Hey Jerry:

I own several GTs, among which is a '67 with LH o/d.

I sought a British car calendar several years ago, but to my dismay,
discovered that no one made such an animal!  Our local club The Chico
Area British Car Club has talked about making a professional calendar,
featuring British only cars and then selling them to other clubs and
vendors like Moss, VB and TRF.

The trouble is that the costs quickly rise when considering such a
project.  But the costs do come down when volume orders are placed.  I
guess that a project of this magnitude would take about 6-8 months of
volunteer time to put together.  But it is a project that seems like it
would be well received.

If you or others have professional photos of British cars that you would
like to have published, please send your color photo (with negative) and
a BRIEF narrative of the car/owner to:

                        Jim Boyd
                        Chico Area British Car Club
                        4021 Neal Road
                        Paradise, CA  USA 95969-5773

Please realize thatfull credit for the photo and owner will be given.
We are not in the position to purchase photos and only photos that come
with a SASe will be returned.  We are looking at doing an 18 month
calendar, so plenty of photos are needed!  Let's see what happens!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd