Re: Bad shops -Reply

To: RJohn50603@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Bad shops -Reply
From: CHRIS BALL <BALLC@osstf.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 09:25:54 -0500
Risking making myself unpopular I have to briefly
visit the other side of this thread. The owner
should have asked why you were concerned, taken an
interest in your concern, and reassured you.
However, having been a custom MIG/TIG welder in a
past life, for a bronze art foundry I can also
remember the guys who tried to tell me my job.
Some days, right or wrong, you just can't take it.
You feel like handing themt he torch and letting
them do it.

Now, if someone came up and said " I'm a bit wired
up about this job. Can I ask you a couple of
questions about how you do this?"  then it sounds
more like respect and interest in the shop owner's
expertice. If you get the push off at that point,
then yes, he's an asshole.

Chris

It does not sound like you did that. You were just
asking a question after all.