Re: A question for all MG enthusiasts

To: Robert J Donahue <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>,
Subject: Re: A question for all MG enthusiasts
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Nov 96 18:46:07 EST
Robert,

I would have to echo Bob's comments below.  I have owned a driver and a project.
Both ened up looking great, but the project costs more, trust me man.  :-)  Of
course your object might be the labor involved, you will receive a lot of
enjoyment ( and busted knuckles) doing it yourself.

Larry
1969 MGB
Message text written by Robert J Donahue

> > Is it a good idea for me to get a project car, or should I shoot for a
  > driver?  Any other information that you think will help me I'd
  > appreciate.
  >

  > Thanks,
  >
  > Mike Hartley
  > hartley_mc@mercer.peachnet.edu
  >

  > Date sent:  10-NOV-1996 17:31:12

  IMHO, you will never save any money by getting a project car
  over a driver. By the time you get the project car on the road
  you will probably have spent as much as the driver would have
  cost in the first place. And this is not counting your personal
  labor, you will be putting in hundreds of man-hours for free.

  It all boils down to whether you enjoy working on cars. There
  can be alot of satisfaction in doing your own work, if you
  like to work with your hands. If not, take those man-hours
  and use them for overtime at work. Then you will be able to
  afford any car you want.

  Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
  53 MG-TD, under DIY restoration (A project car on purpose)
  71 MGB, still in the shop (Was supposed to be driver but I
          didn't check it carefully enough!)

<