Overdrive Vacuum Guage

To: Phil Bates <jello@dns.ida.net>
Subject: Overdrive Vacuum Guage
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:15:19 -0800
Phil Bates wrote:

> >How many of you have a radio in your MGA/MGB?  How many of you can actually
> >hear it?
> >
> >Thomas
> >pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
> >
> I put a sony stereo cassette player in my MGB.  It even fit the chrome radio
> surround after woring some of the plastic molding.  Also, I have 4 speakers,
> and did minimal damage to originality.  I made two mounting plates for the
> front, and each required only that two sheet metal screws be drilled in the
> panel in front of the doors.  Plate mounts with screws (over upholstry),
> speakers mount on plate (via key-hole mounts and slightly above surface
> bolts).  I have 6x9's on the rear deck, and my top is of the stowable type,
> so there is no issue with space.
>
> In the original speaker place I put a power plug (formerly known as
> cigarette lighters), a hazard light switch, analog clock, analog vacuum
> gauge (manifold vacuum - can monitor my OD vacuum switch kicking in and
> out), an ammeter, and a voltmeter.  It all looks very nice.
>
> Oh, but I do still have the original push button AM radio in a closet
>somewhere.
>
> Phil Bates
> 58 MGA
> 67 MGB
> 75 Jaguar XJ12C
> 52 MG TD replicar (VW)

Hey Phil:

Can you tell me what all is involved in the installation of the manifold
pressure guage for your overdrive?  I have an LH o/d in my '67 GT and
have always wanted an "indicator switch" of some sort to help me
remember whether o/d is on or not.  You'll get old some day, jsut wait!!

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

Muchos gracias, senor!

Jim Boyd