MG life in Alaska

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG life in Alaska
From: Arcticmg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 01:52:27 -0500
As I sit here with the days steadily declining toward the winter solstice
(when our day will consist of 5 hours 28 minutes of possible daylight),  I
enjoy the MG talk..  However, I hear you speaking of 70 degrees in November -
where does this exist?  We got smacked with over two feet of snow on October
12th and all ski slopes in the Anchorage area have opened early.  This is the
time of year we turn to our indoor MG projects.  Mine consist of a 53 RHD TD,
55 and 59 As, and a 75MGB.  There are at least three other frame off restos
going on within a few miles.  What amazes me is how many MGs I have found at
62 degrees North Latitude.  An article on ArcticMGs will be forthcoming in
MGA magazine.  Idea for you real enthusiasts (Barney was small potatoes)  -
why not plan an MG expedition to the Great Land.  The Alaska Highway is not
as bad as tourists would like you to think.  A model A Ford club made the
trip a few years ago, and I've done it twice towing MGs. There are always a
few hundred miles under repair, however the remainder is just "miles and
miles of miles and miles".  Come on up.  The Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
and myself will be your sponsor.  Of course this is just a thread that may
become a spool, but anyone even interested in motorhoming to Alaska can
contact me for help.  Of course you'll have to see my MG stable before we
visit the glaciers or catch a salmon..