Re: Good Idea/Bad Idea

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good Idea/Bad Idea
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 20:29:35 GMT
>Just discovered something that everyone probably already knows. The
>seat foam  and cover in my BGT on the drivers side was starting to
>show a little wear. Not enough to warrant replacing (for a daily
>driver) but enough to start me thinking about it.  Well the foam and
>the cover for the left and right side are the same.  I switched them
>out without even taking the seats out of the car.

Interesting.  The original foams and the replacement covers for my 73
B are definitely handed, the inside has a taper to clear the tunnel
whereas the outside is straight.  Despite reading three sets of
instructions before starting the recovering, I only discovered it
when I had the first cover glued in place - on the wrong foam, of
course.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)