Re: Almost Ready to Paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Almost Ready to Paint
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:48:53 -0500
Fellow Fiends:

All of you in the 'original or bust' category can probably ignore this
post. I'm not an originality freak, and since 'Rags' is a driver, not a
showcar, I can get away with it.

Rags is currently a sort of bright white; I think it's a Datsun colour
(mint white?) and it looks all right. It's not what I'd call a
spectacular paint job, and it's already chipping in spots. The original
colour was a creamier white, probably the original 75 colour. For you
paint afficianados, the current colour is white with a lot of green and
black mixed in, the original colour was probably a white with a lot of
yellow mixed in. Truthfully, I don't care much for the original colour,
and I'm not certain I want to stick with a white for the B atall.

When I finally get round to it, I'm going to have Rags painted a
pearlescent grey metallic with a deep clear overcoat. I think that, with
her biscuit top and rubber bumpers, that will look smashing. I've seen a
couple of RR colours that I like, and one on a Honda that came close.
I'm going to keep looking for the correct grey; anyone with suggestions
is welcome to post them to me.  I'm sort of surprised that MGB's never
came in grey originally ... it seems like a natural colour for them.

And that's my tuppence worth.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
RD#373750