Re: sacrilege challenge

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sacrilege challenge
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 21:02:29 +0800
> -- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

> God I miss those old junk yards !

Unless the earthquake got 'em there still are several in the LA area
- a couple in the north San Fernando Valley, a couple in Long Beach,
and one in the east San Gabrial Valley. They go by the name of
U-Pick-Parts / Pick-A-Part / and other varients. I used to hit one or
more nearly every Saturday, before I abandoned LA about 3 or 4 years
ago.Cost $1.00 to enter, and incredibly cheap parts prices. Only
downside is carrying a full toolbox and big pieces out. Twenty pounds
of tools and a pair of pristine black Porsche 924 seats get VERY
heavy after the first 20 yards or so, but for $15 each I didn't
complain. My last weekend there I saw, but didn't buy, a completely
intact Rover 3500 engine (actually, the whole car was there) for $95
including twin SUs, and alternator ....<Sigh>.... if only I had been
driving my van to Seattle instead of the 'B......

The really sad thing about these places is that the cars were turned
over constantly. I saw way too many MGB, Spriget, and Spitfires with
good body shells being hauled off to the crusher after only a couple
of weeks of parts plucking. About the only big TRs I remember seeing
were TR-7s.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT with Porsche seats and other sacrileges