Re: Condensation

To: on76@dial.pipex.com, ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Condensation
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:57:27 -0500
> From mgs-owner@autox.team.net Wed Nov 20 22:06 EST 1996
> On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Paul Hunt wrote:
> >
> > Blowing cold air on the screen will clear it much faster than hot
> > air, in fact hot air will often make it worse.
> >

> > PaulH
> > 73 Roadster (HD&H)
> > 75 V8 (DD)
> >
> I doubt that very seriously.  Would you care to elaborate?

Their are two scenerios I have found that cause the 'warm air' to fog the
windscreen more. The first is a leak in the heater core adding moisture to the
air the second is when there is condenation (sometimes from the A/C) in the
heater box. The warm air evaporates it only to deposit it on the windscreen. If
their is no source of moisture for the warm air to absorb before it hits the
cold windscreen then it will clear faster.

- -Mark "I can see clearly now" Jurras    = =o&o