Re[2]: Condensation

To: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>, ulix@u.washington.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Condensation
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 96 12:27:12 PST
> On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Paul Hunt wrote:
> >
> > Blowing cold air on the screen will clear it much faster than hot
> > air, in fact hot air will often make it worse.

To which Ulike replied:

> I doubt that very seriously.  Would you care to elaborate?

So Paul Hunt responded:

It is similar in principle to A/C, although not nearly as effective.  I have
seen comments in the list about how A/C users don't have the same problem, and
the handbook in a previous A/C equipped car recommended switching it to chill
when first getting in the car on a cold and damp day, and only slowly changing
it to heat.  It works.
Add to that my query:

Isn't that because A/C units have a built-in dehumidifier?  Or is it for some
thermodynamic reason?

Joseph
'67 Roadster
(With thread starting foggy windows)

P.S.  In my original post I neglected to mention that I did some work in the
car
before I started out and must have huffed out a carload of moist air.  (Maybe
the heater never had a chance.)  Now, I'm keeping the door open until the car
is
running and turning the heat down.  That seems to do the trick. (Until the next
cold damp day.)  Thanks to all who had suggestions.  I'll check out that heater
core when I have more time.