Re: Electronic Ignition Module for 1500

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition Module for 1500
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Nov 96 17:31:40 EST
Trevor and David,

I "threw" in an Ignitor Electronic Ignition in my B.  Couldn't have been easier.
Really nothing to report, it just works.

You should know I bought mine from Moss at a "sale" price of $90.00 and since
have seen them somewhere else for about seventy something.  Don't ask me where,
I can't remember, maybe in Hemmings or J.C. Whitney?

Larry
1969 MGB

Message text written by David Deutsch
>Hello Trevor,
I was under the impression that the stock electronic was a standard
Delco unit, at least in the Bs it is. I have run a Crane/Allison in a
previously owned B and it worked well. I'm concidering the "Ignitor"
unit for my 75 B. I'll be consulting David Clark at Sports Car Services
tommorrow about this and will let you know his views on the subject.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>Longshot, but before I order one...
>
>  Does anyone have a spare Electronic Ignition module for
>the Midget 1500 (Triumph engine)?
>
>  Or any words of wisdom to add about choosing one? I'm
>looking at the Crane for now.
>
>  I have the original Electronic one, but it's intermittent,
>so I am running a points distributor temporarily.
<<