Re:Fly:off Hand Brake

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Fly:off Hand Brake
From: Ric Johnson <73530.3456@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Nov 96 15:41:13 EST
Chris Delling writes:

>>O.K., here is the stupid question - what is a fly-0ff brake handle?<<

A fly-off hand brake is one that has been modified to not latch when applied,
allowing one to engage just the rear brakes manually. This lets you create
brake-induced oversteer, particularly in low traction situations.  This is
especially effective (and helpful) when driving a front wheel drive car.  The
same result can be achieved very simply by just taping down the latch release
button, as I used to do in the winter to be able to "hang the tail out" in my
997 Mini-Cooper. <G>

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, Iowa