Re: MGs for offspring

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com, OSCALETA99@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGs for offspring
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 15:37:07 -0500 (EST)
I have three sons with variable interest in the MGs. Oldest is now 23. At
seventeen he got a used Fiero. It was cheap and plastic. (By the way I stumbled
onto an 86 Fiero that is mint with 20,000 miles on it, anyone interested)
Anyway
he fdrove the car for five years, put on 65000 miles and never had to be
rescued
for a break down. Now, more mature he has a 95 Mustang, and a 58 MGA Coupe that
he loves.

Number 2  (now 21 ) was the MG son. He learned to drive on the NEMGTR Maritine
Meander in Canada , on a TF, when he was 16. He also drove vintage MGs on the
docks when we unloaded the MMM Raid in New Jersey back in 91. He picked up
driving a pre selector box easier then me. Even with this ability I wouldn't
let
him buy an MG while in college. Perhaps a mistake as he got a very used 944
Porsche and now wants a 911.

Number 3 ( now 18) is not into the MGs but also picked up a very used 944. His
has given us plenty of problems. As the Baby he has been the most difficult  so
the car fits.

All three drive the MGs with varying pleasure, but only time will tell. All
three grew up with the NEMGTR and as small children attended GOF's every year.

Mike Leckstein

Mike