Re: HIF-4 problem & question on Grose Jets

To: "Rich Mason" <rmason@ro.com>
Subject: Re: HIF-4 problem & question on Grose Jets
From: "craig wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:30:24 -0800
Hi Rich. I've got 3 sets of HIF4 carbs. Normally I use a Weber, but I have
used the dual HIF4's for quite awhile. My first experience with them was
that the needles would stick sometimes and fuel would flow all over the
place. The first thing I did to them was to install Grose Jets. Problem
solved. No more fuel leakage. I've also taken the carbs completely apart,
not very difficult with a proper manual, and replaced all the gaskets, etc.
The redone units have never given me any trouble when I tuned them iaw the
manual. And, I am not a mechanic. Anything I now know about cars, I learned
from trying it myself on the MGB. And my car hasn't let me down in 6 years
now. I suggest using Grose Jets on both carbs.
Craig Wiper
early '74 B
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw