Re: Juno (Was: AOLer's were nothing but whiner's anyway....)

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras), mgs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: Juno (Was: AOLer's were nothing but whiner's anyway....)
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:47:37 -0600 (CST)
At 09:29 AM 12/11/96 -0500, Mark Jurras wrote:

>I would like to point out that JUNO's only downfall is that you cannot
>attach files. I guess you could UUencode them and put them in the text
>area. A little effort may be worth it.

Right you are! It does not support attachments, yet. I think they will in
the future. Hey, for the price (free) it's not a really big deal!! It does
have a spel-chikker though.

Text is easily imported into the messages. I never tried the UUencode method.

There was (note the past tense!) another free e-mail outfit, Freemark, whose
software was "cute" but not as functional as I would have preferred. It did
have attachment capability. Freemark just died this week, or so I heard
yesterday.

>Carol, why don't you distribute the JUNO program on all those AOL disks
>that come in the mail?

Cute, Mark!!  Especially under the current circumstances...

I used to use those disks, but found that they do not always reformat
properly. My trash can is between the mailbox and the front door and that's
where those disks go!

I need to put some disks in the MGA. (mandatory LBC content achieved!)

Carol

PS  We should be driving it tomorrow afternoon. The new war wheels came in
Tuesday, so I'll have them mounted tomorrow, and we'll finish the front
brakes, and voila!! A month's worth of work has paid off. Pity that the
wheels will put the paint to shame, though!! Hmmm....

"As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!"