We've run off AOLer's. Whose next?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: We've run off AOLer's. Whose next?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:24:30 -0600
yengis <yengis@earthlink.net>
"Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
David Benner <benner@netusa1.net>
Ernest <lawref@lawref.com>
CMaster808@aol.com
Glenn Stauffer <stauffer@voicenet.com>
George Merryweather <merryweather@venus.connectware.com>

I think we should Dan Hughes these guys.

I've noticed in my browser that when these guys submit stuff to the MG
list, their input comes across in one long line that ends somewhere way
off in the right margin somewhere over there---------------------->

Wadda ya wanna bet they're using Microsoft's browser and e-mail?

Seriously, if you guys don't thump enter at screen widths, your
paragraphs come across as one long line. I can scroll over and get most
of it but it still truncates at some limit.

I just thought you'd like to know. Also, some of your character-sets
ain't ASCII (eg: yengis) so some of the punctuation characters are
garbled.

I supposed I could be the odd-ball: I'm using Netscape 2.1 at home on
Windows '95 and Netscape 3.0 on Windows NT at work. My ISP is running
Apache on a Sun Solaris box. When Telneted in, Pine can't deal with the
long lines either. Maybe I'm not the oddball.

This is only presented as a public service....

So what's your e-mail/browser software?

I don't know what the hell's the matter with Chet. This was only on
his recent HELLOOOO message. He seems to be an AOLer masquerading as a
Microsoft drone. Talk about misguided!

Bob Allen, Kanas City, '69MGC/GT, '75TR6