Re: 100% restorations/17

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 100% restorations/17
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 10:51:54 -0800
I used to be in a model airplane RC club and there is a guy who owns the
local F**D dealership and he would bring out these beautiful ducted fan
Migs and F86s  BUT he just paid someone to build them,All the guys would
be going ape over the planes and he would be busting with pride until I
told him I sure would like to meet the guy who built it!I agree that a
non original home made restoration impresses me more than some rich guy
who shows up with a car he hasn't had a thing to do with except pay for
it.I go to the Woodley park Brit meet every year and Jay Leno shows up
with his latest car that someone else restored,I would rather see an old
midget that a teenager is restoring himself with the minimum of cash
than these rich ol boys toys.Mgs were made for the common man with
common skills and tools ...Pat