Re: Christmas Eve

To: barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Christmas Eve
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 13:23:47 -0500

<< I have to agree that the Blue Ridge is a bit remote for a lonesome sole.
 But right here on this list is a great place to find like-minded people.  >>

Barney,
  Its obvious you've never had your LBC on the Blue Ridge Parkway doing the
"full tilt boogie".  Miles of twisty, turny roads, with altitude changes,
scenery, wildlife (usually the 4 legged variety), and if you time your trip
to avoid the Day Trippers, you can have the road almost to yourself.
  Of course, you may have to contend with some of us "good ol' boys" enjoying
what Abingdon hath wrought, and in the manner to which it was predicated.
  And It ain't all that remote. In and around the Asheville area, you are
rarely more than 20 miles from some type of civilization. (Assuming one
thinks of gridlock and traffic jams of tourists as civilization.
  Next time you're in this neck of the woods, let me know, and we'll take a
blast along on of the better mountain roads around.

Rick Morrison    :>)