Re: paint question

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: paint question
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:31:11 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Nina Barton wrote:

> Got my car painted at the end of September.  Yesterday, I noticed that
> there was a small chip above the rear wheel, right down to the primer.
> Horrors!!!  Any suggestions on how to repair it and make it look as smooth
> and non-chipped as possible?  Would spray paint work better than merely
> trying to dab some paint into the chipped spot?  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance,   Nina

I think spray paint (except when applied at great expense by an expert)
almost always turns a small chip into a big blotch.  As long as the
primer is still intact and there is no rust, take a toothpick and
carefully dab paint onto the chipped area to fill it.  Done carefully,
this should not be noticeable.

WRG

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910