Re: British Flag

To: on76@dial.pipex.com, car@texas.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Flag
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 18:26:56 -0500
In a message dated 97-01-04 09:43:11 EST, on76@dial.pipex.com (Paul Hunt)
writes:

 > >At least Americans get to fly their flag, did you know that we need
planning
 > >permission from the local authority to fly ours?

SNIP

 > 'Splain, please! This is absurd!!! You can't legally fly the British flag
 > over your own domicile??
 >
 > I'm sure there is a logical reason for such legislation. Do you know what
it
 > is, Paul?

SNIP

 The latter definition reminds me of a supposedly true complaint from a
householder
 to her council that her neighbour 'has a large and unsightly erection in his
garden'.

 Oh... now I understand, Paul. The last part of that last sentence is against
the law
  in the States too, at least if anyone sees it... er, ah... that didn't want
to.

 R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget