Re: mgb electrical and heater restoration

To: albertom@mbox.vol.it, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgb electrical and heater restoration
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:14:44 -0500
In a message dated 97-01-06 13:53:41 EST, albertom@mbox.vol.it (Alberto
Manganini) writes:

<< I know I have to get a bulb with two "crocodiles" and look around at where
 there's voltage and here not, but every suggestion to speed up the quest
 would be really appreciated. (Perhaps all the not-working units share a
 common ground...where is it?)

 Meanwhile, I'm restoring my heater unit. Taking it away from the car wasn't
 difficult at all (fortunately) and, apart from a little rust, its internal
 seems rather good. I'd like to verify if the radiator is leaking: would it
 be enough to fill it with water and see if it lets some to leak out, or a
 pressurised check is needed?

Alberto,

You really need the light with the aligator clips and a wiring diagram. It
will make all the mysteries go away as to start from the brake lights (etc.)
and work you way backward. You need the diagram for your year as there some
changes yesr to year.

As for the radiator, fill it up, put your cap on and go for a short ride.
Then stop and look carefully for leaks. Then carefully loosen the cap (1/4
turn only) you should have some pressure. Let it bleed down, then remove the
cap (nearly a half a turn). If the levels up and you saw no leaks on the
engine, or under it, you're done.

By the way, just how cold is it in Milano? I heard Europe was really having a
cold spell. I had the top down Saturday but, it just started snowing here a
few minutes ago. We don't see much of that in Dallas.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget