licence plate assy. for MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: licence plate assy. for MGA
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:30:54 -0500 (EST)
Fellow fiends:

Does anyone out there have the rear licence plate assembly off of an MGA
that might be for sale?  I must, in all good conscience, report that my
need is not for an MGA but for a Morgan.  I need some sort of means to
mount my rear licence plate so that it won't scrape on the pavement, like
it looks like its about to currently,
and what comes to mind is something
like what is used on the MGA.  What about a T-car?  Any ideas?

I'm looking for something that has that perfect combination of the
following rare qualities:
--low cost (aka cheep) but doesn't look low cost
--looks like it "belongs" on the car (aka NOT cobbled toooo badly)
--needs to have a light on it, with a strong preference for the standard
BMC (I think) style of lamp seen on many of our beloved lbcs
--shouldn't be an old rusty bit of junk ripped off of an old rusty bit of
junk
--actually works, and reliably (both the light and the mountings)

I'm open to any ideas/suggestions/donations/flames/etc. (+/- emoticons).
What I'd really like is the licence plate holder, attached to a nice
TF1500, but I can only offer you about 10$ for it.

Cheers,
WZ

p.s. well, it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?