mga coupe prices

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mga coupe prices
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:37:11 -0500 (EST)
Fellow fiends:

Okay, some may think I'm doing my David D. impersonation here, but I
gotta say this (assume several smiley faces here):

Regarding a list member's inquiries into the appropriateness of a price
for a 1600 MGA coupe for sale (that hasn't been on the road for 11 years):

Why would you want one?  I hope only to sell it later after some fun
tinkering and such.  I'ts my impression from other coupe owners that the
think is a bloody oven in the summer; deffinately reaching the level
where they simply decline to drive it.  You have a B roadster, right?
Don't get me wrong: this is NOT an A vrs. B argument here.  Its a hard
top (with virtually non-existant cross ventilation) vrs. droptop (with
limitless ventillation) argument.  Price starts to seem irrelevant in the
case of a car that just does't strike me as desireable.

Will "wears it on his sleve, doesn't he?" Zehring