Re: mga coupe prices

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Subject: Re: mga coupe prices
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:54:02 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, William Zehring wrote:

> Regarding a list member's inquiries into the appropriateness of a price
> for a 1600 MGA coupe for sale (that hasn't been on the road for 11 years):
>
> Why would you want one?  I hope only to sell it later after some fun
> tinkering and such.  I'ts my impression from other coupe owners that the
> think is a bloody oven in the summer; deffinately reaching the level
> where they simply decline to drive it.  You have a B roadster, right?

Will,

An A coupe is attractive,it is comparatively rare, and in the
springtime and fall it should be wonderful to drive.  If he has a B
roadster, he can drive that when it is hot.  To every MG, there is a
season, turn, turn, turn...

Besides, like Mt. Everest, it is there.  If you want to make sense, buy a
Corolla wagon.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910