Re: mga coupe prices

To: zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU
Subject: Re: mga coupe prices
From: "MIKE LAMBDIN, CANS" <E720LAM@TOE.TOWSON.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:15:43 -0500 (EST)
Will, you wrote:

>Regarding a list member's inquiries into the appropriateness of a price
>for a 1600 MGA coupe for sale (that hasn't been on the road for 11 years):

>Why would you want one?

For the same reason you would buy any old auto - the "thrill" (numerous
emotional states considered here) of owning a unique piece of machinery.

>I'ts my impression from other coupe owners that the
>think is a bloody oven in the summer; deffinately reaching the level
>where they simply decline to drive it.

This is the reasoning (logic?) I presented to my wife, at the time, for
buying an A roadster. The coupe was comfortable (i.e. warm & dry) in
the cold and rain, the roadster cool and airy in the warm, dry weather.

>Price starts seem irrelevant in the
>case of a car that just does't strike me as desireable.

I agree Will. Why purchase an item one doesn't like.
It's all a matter of preference.

Mike Lambdin