Is it the beginning of the end of the road?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Is it the beginning of the end of the road?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:17:15 -0800
Hello my friends and others,

Something is deeply disturbing me (as if I could ever be more disturbed
than I already was and still walk free). The number of available
"solid" condition MGs available presently. I know not all people live,
eat, breath and dream MG like I do but some is wrong. Right now I know
were 3 or 4 are for under $1,500 dollars. If I were in the market for
another I'd know where more are. Maybe I've gotten to close to it and
need to step back but it seem there is a lack of interest. I'm talking
general public here. Perhaps we need to launch a campagn to educate the
public about the rewards that can be reaped from ownership of these
cars. I talking about the feeling of pride one can achieve by being
able to tackle repairs, that feeling that you get when the guy the car
next to you gives you "thumbs up". Most people wash their cars because
they are dirty, not me, I wash my car because I want to wash my car.

The problem is that I have a line of cars I want to restore. I'm going
to get great please in doing this but when I'm finished I can not
possible keep them all and selling at a loss is hard to justify. Maybe
nature is being disturbed and we need to let that whole "survival of
the fittest" thing take it course? If we do "save" these cars who is
going to maintain them? It just seems that the supply is larger than
the demand and this is truely troubling me. Safety Fast, David Deutsch