new member

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new member
From: Dave Hawkins <dhawkins@mail.gac.peachnet.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:59:38 -0500
I am a newbie...
I have been slowly bringing back to life a 77 MGB..  found it after sitting
in a farmer's field for 6 years..  now drive daily..  most everything is now
ok except the engine.. I have know I needed rebuild for a while.. it uses
quart a week.. that is only $52 per year.. but my wife and I are about to
retire and I want to xcountry tour in MGB..  is there a trustworthy MGB
engine rebuilder anywhere near Atlanta?  One of your members told me of shop
in Penn..  but would like to find one closer to home... what should I expect
to pay ?  can the rebuild be better than factory original?  I can take out
and put back in myself..
I had a 57 A in late 50s.. that seemed to be a better car because I toured
U.S. in it with no problems.. this 77 seems not as well engineered... might
be the 6 years in cotton field..