Re: T-series piping color

To: engconn@infi.net
Subject: Re: T-series piping color
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 10:22:27 -0500
Geoff Love wrote:

> Steve Tritle wrote:
> >
> > What is the correct color for the piping between the body panels on a
> > '52 TD?
> >
> > Should it be body color or interior color? There seems to be no
> > definitive formula.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> > 52 TD
>
> Hello,Steve:
> The convention for piping running on the outside of the car, between
> tonneau and wing panels was that it matched the body colour, not the
> interior. The piping which runs around the interior trim edges, where it
> is fastened to the tub is the same as the interior colour.  That piping
> should run in one continuous line from the rear hood tacking strips,
> around the door openings and up and over the instrument panel.  Some
> customers of mine have preferred to add their own 'personality' to their
> pride and joy, however, by changing from body colour piping to another
> in order to 'break up' the large area of body colour, i.e. changing from
> red piping to say, black on a red car.  But, to be close to original, as
> I say, the external piping should match the exterior colour.
>
> Geoff Love, The English Connection
Geoff and Mike,

Thanks for the prompt answers. My red TD was done with black exterior
body piping. A neighbor, Jay Gift, of the NEMGT Register says to be
correct I need to have the piping body color.

Looks like I will paint it red for now and see how the paint holds up
before I disassemble the panels and switch to red piping.

thank you.

Steve