Floor Pans

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Floor Pans
From: "Steve Krane" <skrane@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 97 23:41:19 UT
Dear List:

Have been lurking for a while trying to soak up all the knowledge I can.  Now
have a question on something which is puzzling me.
Removed stock floor mats and foam padding from floor of my 72B this morning.
In some places, the foam appeared to be glued to the floor pan, and pulled it
out.  When the foam was out, noticed the rubber filling between the metal
channels appeared to be burned.  The location was under the pedals on the
driver's side, and especially under the gas pedal and for about 6 inches along
the transmission tunnel.  Removed a section of it to floor pan and the floor
pan is perfectly clean, bare metal (soon to be waxoyled).  No similar evidence
on passenger's side.  Any idea what this is, the cause?

Steve Krane