Re: Floor Pans

To: Larry A Hoy <larryhoy@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Floor Pans
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:17:17 -0500
Larry A Hoy wrote:

> Steve, in about 6 months you're going to see posts to this list that have
> subjects like: "How do I keep my right foot cooler", "Hot feet", "Floor
> insulation question", "Can I insulate my headers?", etc.
>
> I'm not sure what part of the country you live in or how long you've had
> your car but in the heat of the summer your right foot may look and feel
> like that rubber filling you discovered. I don't think there is much of a
> solution for this.  Maybe someone on the list has a good idea.  If so
> I'll be listening!
>
> Cheers,
> .
> Larry Hoy
> 1969 MGB Roadster
> ==========================
> >On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Steve Krane wrote:
> >
> > Dear List:
> >
> >Have been lurking for a while trying to soak up all the knowledge I
> >can.  Now I have a question on something which is puzzling me.
> >Removed stock floor mats and foam padding from floor of my 72B this
> >morning.  In some places, the foam appeared to be glued to the floor
> pan, and
> >pulled it  out.  When the foam was out, noticed the rubber filling
> between the
> >metal channels appeared to be burned.  The location was under the pedals
>
> >on the driver's side, and especially under the gas pedal and for about 6
>
> >inches along the transmission tunnel.  Removed a section of it to floor
> pan and
> >the floor pan is perfectly clean, bare metal (soon to be waxoyled).  No
> >similar evidence on passenger's side.  Any idea what this is, the cause?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
> >
> > Steve Krane
larry, i saw your response re floor pan "heat".  we do a lot of race car
parts and have thermal protection in a variety of forms, many of which
can be adapted for use in a passenger car with minimal effort.  ted
schumacher, ts imported automotive, pandora, oh  800/543-6648;
419/384-3272 fax.  thanks, ted