Re: "three-state" rule?

To: Jeff Perkins <perky@apci.net>, "Don Collins" <dgcollins@intplsrv.net>,
Subject: Re: "three-state" rule?
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 07:27:48 -0500 (EST)
At 10:14 AM 2/1/97 -0600, Jeff Perkins wrote:
>Don,
>
>Sorry to hear about your problem there at Altus. I had the same problem
>here at Scott AFB.  I came from Washington ST,  have a licence from CA,
>and am here in IL.....something had to change.  Luckily, they give you
>some time to do the change.  I was able to wait until my Washingtion
>plates expired then licence/register the car in IL.  The 56 MGA keeps CA
>plates which match with my licence so....."life is good".
>
>Good luck up in NY Scott, I see  you encountered that same problem us
>military folks often experience.  Hope it dosen't end up costing you too
>much.
>

>Jeff Perkins
>56 MGA
>
>Judging by the replies to Scotts original posting I would say the best
advice (what I suggesteded in my reply) is to check with your legal office
prior to PCS.  Although many states give military members dispensation from
their licensing, registration, insurance requirements others give no quarter
and make it really hard.  And guess what, States change laws, so what was
true last year or 5 years ago may not be true any more!!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca