MGB Autocross Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Autocross Questions
From: Steve Brown <smbrown@annap.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 10:33:30 -0800
I am planning in doing some autocrossing for the first time this spring
with a '67 MGB.  It seems to only make sense to start out in stock
class.  To that end there are a few things that I am unclear on.

1.  Must tire SIZE be the same as originally fitted, in my case 165-14,
or can I go up to the 185-14s that are currently on my wheels and still
remain in stock class?

2.  I assume that I must have my bumpers and all their brackets
installed?

3.  Must all the interior trimmings be in place and be of the correct
year for the car?

4.  What have other MG owners who have autocrossed Bs done for
modifications within the stock class?  That is, what diameter anti-roll
bar, what type of brake pads, etc.

5.  Finally (at least for this round), am I correct in assuming that if
something is found to be illegal for Stock class in the tech inspection
that one just gets bumped into Street Prepared rather than "sent home".
I'd hate to get there and find that I wasn't able to run at all!

        Thanks in advance to all the members of this list!

Steve