Re: Pulling my hair out!

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Subject: Re: Pulling my hair out!
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:35:41 -0500 (EST)

<< The two halves of me pulley have delaminated.  This allows the outer
 portion (with the TDC mark) to rotate relative to the crankshaft.  Guess
 what?  When my engine is at TDC, the TDC is 180 degrees off.  Maybe not
 completely gone, but gone enough for intensive purposes.

If the marks are off 180 degrees, simply use #2 cylinder for timing purposes.

#2 and #3 are 180 degrees off number one, ie. they come to top dead center
when #1 and #4 are at bottom dead center.
  By using #2 to static time the engine, you should be able to get it
cranked, then with a good ear, get it close, for short term running purposes.
  To correct the mark problem, beg, borrow or steal a cam timing degree
wheel. Locate TDC on #1, mark the pully where it lines up with the stationary
timing mark, then still using the degree wheel, locate and mark the correct
point for dynamic timing (14, 12, 20 degrees, which ever is correct).
  Of course the easiest way would be to replace the pully. If you can locate
one!

Rick