Re: Early MGB question

To: <william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Early MGB question
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:53:25 -0500
> It looks like I bought the car (not home yat). It's a 63 with 36,000
> original miles. Will require restoration.

Good for you.

> I have two questions. Would it be advisable to try to start engine in
car,
> after verifying oil pressure and compression? Or should I dismantle and
> inspect?

Hmm, if this is the MGB that was in storage for 30 years, I would put a
Teaspoon of oil in each cylinder.  Wait about 2 days, inspect the car and
then start it.  Ohh, do put fresh gas in, and use Octane buster.

> Also, the car is chassis # 475. I read in Classic and SPortscar that the
> earliest RHD car is 575. Does anyone know how many earlier LHD survivors
> there are. I think I saw chassis 014 at a show last fall in PA.

I'll check my list of MGBs in PA and see if the VIN # is on it.

Regards,

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg/mg.htm

Webmaster -- webking@bigfoot.com