Re: Early MGB question

To: pujalte@stic.net, william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Early MGB question
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:46:53 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-18 12:48:01 EST, pujalte@stic.net (Vince J. Pujalte)
writes:

<< Bill,
   My advice is to pressurize the oil galleries with an "Engine
 Pre-oiler" BEFORE starting it. You don't want the dry crank to be
 dragging on the bearing shells and trying to turn them with it.
   Engine pre-oilers connect to the oil pressure switch port on the side
 of the block.Any good local engine rebuild shop should have one.
   Maybe they'll rent it to you.

 Good luck,
 -Vince
 San Antonio, Texas >>

Bill,

I'd also remove the plugs one at a time and shoot some oil into each cylinder
a day or two before you plan to start it.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget