Re: Seatbelt Re-webing -Reply

To: BERNZO@aol.com, rwbmg@voyager.net
Subject: Re: Seatbelt Re-webing -Reply
From: Nick Benson <NBENSON@ci.fort-collins.co.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:20:35 -0700
Dave,
My comment is relative to the safety of the seatbelts. I would
NEVER just replace the webbing, because it may compromise the
operation of the seat belts.
I presume that the belts and hardware are at least 23 years old
now.  I'm a safety nut, and use my seatbelt every time, and I would
rather feel better knowing that my seatbelt is gonna hold when I
need it.
Incidentally, I do have an address of a company in England where
I ordered two new seat belts for my Midget if you want to try that
route.

Nick D. Benson
Department of Construction Management and Manufacturing
Technology,
Colorado State University,
Fort Collins, CO

BERNZO@aol.com wrote:

> Lurk mode off...
>
> Fellow MG'ophiles,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the the re-webing
of the original
> Kangol (?) retractable seatbelts? I want to find somebody that
can replace
> the belt material so that I can reuse the original hardware which
is in
> really good shape.
>
> If I can get this done, I can get my BGT registered next month.
Come on guys,
> I know somebody can help me.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave Bernier
> '74 BGT

Dave, when I did my  '68 several years ago, I had a local car
upolstry
shop put new webbing on the old hardware.  Their stock webbing
matched
the original.  I think they charged maybe $20.  I also found that
they
had stock carpeting that was of better quality than delux Moss set
at
about the same price including installation!

Wayne Buletza
Charlotte MI