Re: Power Tune Book for Midgets

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Power Tune Book for Midgets
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:38:23 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Does anybody here have the book "How to Power Tune the
> Midget and Sprite"?
>
>   Could somebody tell me if the book has any useful information
> for Midget 1500 engines (and Strombergs)?
>
>   Sounds like an interesting read form the catalog, but I'd
> hate to get it and see 4000 things to do with an A-series
> engine and a brief mention that later cars have a bigger
> powerplant made by some company called Triumph.

Trevor,
I have both the first and second editions of the book (both worth having),
and your hunch is correct.  Since the book is largely based on the autor's
personel experiences and he has a 1275, there is not much there in the
ingine department for the 1500.  However, he stresses that his chapter on
engines is to be read in  addition to Vizard's book, so his engine chapter
is thin anyway.  I love the book mainly for the suspension info and that
would apply to you too.

Tip:  Go to a bookstore that carries it (Barnes & Noble if you are in the
US) and check it out.

If you have any specific questions about what the book covers, let me
know and I'll look it up.

Spritely,

                                                           '67 Sprite