Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"

To: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Subject: Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:04:55 -0800
Geoff Love wrote:

> Yes, Everything you say is 100% right also.  If the 6 years olds didn't
> work, they would starve.  Which is better?  If I were one of the 6 years
> old I would prefer to work rather than starve.  I don't know the answer,
> and I am certain the politicians don't either.  I am afraid the human
> copulation explosion is rapidly catching up with us.

A new thread underway! I wonder if child labor will go on as long as
MOWOG, Dan and the Cats?

Lots of people tend to forget that child labor was common in these
United States in the 19th century, and then resolved by the Child Labor
laws, early in this century. It's part of a developing nation. I would
think there is a lot of areas on the Net where this topic is really
thrashed around.

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA