Parts Suppliers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts Suppliers
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:38:45 -0800
Hi everyone, I am learning about the various parts houses as I become more
knowledgeable and mechanical with the 71 BGT.  I know of(or at least have
ordered catalogues) from Moss, Vicky B, Special Interest Car Parts, The
Roadster Factory, Triple C Motor Accessories, Seven (they don't send them
out anymore, but you can use Moss numbers), and Eastwood (maybe? haven't
talked to them yet).  When reading an earlier post today (sorry, I deleted
the gentleman's name), it seems that there are many variations as to
quality and where parts come from.  Are there any places that you
absolutely shouldn't order from?  I realize service varies between
customer, and not everyone has good service from a particular company.
What's the difference between OEM and aftermarket?  If you're still
learning, and possibly unsure of what is a good quality part, what do you
look for?  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks in advance,  Nina