Re: Parts Suppliers

To: fsdcr@aurora.alaska.edu
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 05:57:27 EST
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:45:33 +0000 "Drive-by Shooter"
<fsdcr@aurora.alaska.edu> writes:

> ..... There is a company operating out of Rhode Island called
Scarborough Faire, not sure if they are still in business but if they are
I would avoid them like the plague.

> [snip out big gripe]
>
>Sorry for the long vent, does anybody else know much about this company?

Yep.  My sentiments exactly.  Pretty much same story, maybe worse.  I
ordered one piston, was sent and charged for four, and they refused to
take them back.  I was persistent though, backcharged the credit card
(twice), before I got a RA number.  Took a year to get it settled.
Plague is right!  And I hope someone from S.F. is monitoring this list.
Also had some poor quality parts from them.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA