Re: Parts Suppliers

To: barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 08:14:28 -0500 (EST)

<< Yep.  My sentiments exactly.  Pretty much same story, maybe worse.  I
 ordered one piston, was sent and charged for four, and they refused to
 take them back.  I was persistent though, backcharged the credit card
 (twice), before I got a RA number.  Took a year to get it settled.
 Plague is right!  And I hope someone from S.F. is monitoring this list.
 Also had some poor quality parts from them.

 Barney Gaylord
 1958 MGA

I ordered my bumpers (MGA) from them, (Scarborough Faire) their ad boasting
the quality caught my eye and I am very happy with them.  I was ordering a
lot of other parts at the time and figured I'd take advantage of the price
reduction, which was substantial, compared to the Moss regular price.  I also
had never ordered from them before and figured I'd try them out.  I was happy
with everything that I recieved but one item that was back ordered was the
rubber headlight dust shield.  It has been almost 4 months now and they're (I
call them about it at least once a month) still out of stock.  I am not ready
to install my headlights yet so I'm not in a big hurry, but eventually I'll
probably cancel and order elsewhere.  The one thing I can't understand is why
don't they just bite the bullet and order from a competitor and then ship it
to me just to make a customer happy.  Next time I order, I'll think of this
situation and probably order from my old standby.

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!
Don't forget British Car Week May 12th to 18th all you have to do is drive
your car to celebrate!!